It is a good idea to invest in a portable gas grill for RV trips. Regular RV grills are not always the best option because they do not have the space or power to cook as well as a portable gas grill. When choosing a portable gas grill, you want to keep your needs and preferences in mind. For example, some people prefer electric grills while others may want something that will cook on charcoal. There are also pros and cons of different types of grills. This blog post will help you find the best portable gas grill for RV trip.
9 Best Portable Gas Grill For RV
The modern RV is equipped with a cooking range that can provide gas stoves, ovens, and even a charcoal grill. However, they all lack the convenience of a portable gas grill. RV grills are great for tailgating and cookouts, but they aren’t suitable for everyday grilling in the backyard. Luckily, there are several brands of portable gas grills that can provide you with the right quality of food at an affordable price. Here are nine of the best portable gas grill for RV your next camping trip.
1. Overall Best: Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area. Dimensions - Lid Open and Tables Out (inches)-24.6 H x 40.9 W x 20.5 D. Lid Closed and Tables Out (inches)-15.5 H x 40.9 W x 16.5 D
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box. Battery type: AAA
Get the Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill for your next outdoor barbecue. This grill has 189 square inch cooking area, which is perfect for small to medium parties. It has an easy-to-use electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings. Its fully assembled out of the box, and includes a battery type that’s sold separately.
The Weber Liquid Propane Grill is perfect for those who want a hassle-free experience. With our easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings, this grill will be the best investment you’ve ever made. It has porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, cast aluminum lid, and body, fully assembled out of the box and uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz LP cylinders (sold separately). The 3D interactive assembly instructions for us. Weber Q1200 is the overall best portable gas grill for RV.
- Temperature Control
- Plated Steel Cooking Grate
- Tuck-N-Carry Lid Lock
- Heat distribution
- One stainless steel burner produces
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Easy to start
- Plated Steel Legs
2. Camp Chef Big Gas Grill 3 Burner Stove
- Matchless ignition - 38" x 16" cooking surface - Cooking surface area: 608 square inches
- Patented Wind Baffle Burner Technology, Appliance-style temperature controls
- Three cast aluminum burners - 90,000 total BTU/r
Camp Chef’s Big Gas Grill is a three-burner, professional BBQ grill with 608 square inches of cooking space. This appliance-style BBQ stove features Matchless ignition and a removable grill box. It is also designed for unmatched convenience with removable leveling legs and temperature controls.
The Camp Chef Big Gas Grill’s 3 heavy-duty cast aluminum burners, wind baffle burner technology, and patented temperature control system are engineered to be a workhorse for all your large-scale cooking needs. This professional-grade BBQ grill has a 16″ x 38″ cooking surface area, 608 square inches of total cooking surface area, and 90,000 BTU/hr of total BTU output; making it perfect for grilling large cuts of meat, searing steaks, or creating delicious sides.
- Seasoned Cast Iron
- Includes Professional BBQ Grill Box (BB90L), Includes 3ft. hose and regulator
- Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Includes detachable steel legs and folding shelf
- Compatible with most 16 in. Camp Chef accessories
- Deluxe BBQ Grill Box
3. Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
Cuisinart’s CGG-180T Petit Gourmet is the best portable gas grill for RV and is the perfect grill for tailgating, picnics, camping and backyard cooking. With a 145-square-inch grilling area, this portable gas grill comes with foldaway legs and an aluminum frame that sets up in seconds. The powerful 5,500 BTU stainless steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate make cooking easy.
The Cuisinart CGG-180T is the perfect gas grill for a small patio, balcony, or camping. This petit gas grill has a 145-square-inch cooking space and foldaway legs for easy storage and transport. The grill features a powerful 5,500 BTU stainless steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate that makes grilling a breeze. The aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are set up in seconds so you can enjoy your meal outside with your family.
- Cooks evenly like a larger grill
- Perfect for smaller spaces
- Take it anywhere
- Temperature Control
- Easy to clean
- Heat output
4. ROVSUN Tabletop Propane Grill with 2 Burner
- Easy Clean ★ This grill is made from stainless steel, including the grilling grate making cleanup considerably easier. Removable grease tray hold food drippings, no worries for food drip on table.
- Button Ignition ★ Easy to light just press the red button at right side, then grill come out flame. No lighter needed. Very convenient and quick to start grilling. Camper should own this to make a quick and delicious food.
- U Shape Burner ★ One big burner that is shaped in ‘U’ is able to create Max 12,000 even heat across the cooking surface that is 18.5"wide 11.2" deep. Great for cooking hot dogs, burgers, and chicken with excellent results.
ROVSUN is a premium grill brand with experience and expertise in cooking. This tabletop propane grill features two burners that can produce 10,000 BTU of heat for each burner, allowing you to cook all types of foods from bacon-wrapped salmon to steaks with ease. Its size makes it portable and ideal for camping, tailgating, or use on an RV.
Absolutely best portable gas grill for RV and camping. Keep it hot, keep it fast! ROVSUN tabletop propane grill for your indoor or outdoor needs. This portable and lightweight grill has everything you’ll need to cook up a storm on the beach, at a BBQ or in the backyard. With 10,000 BTU for each burner, you can quickly and evenly cook all your favorite foods from bacon-wrapped salmon to steaks with ease. Two burners mean you can have one on at a time while still cooking two sides.
- Two U Shape Burner
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Dome thermometer for easy control temp inside
- Stainless steel “U” shaped burner for maximum 10,000 BTU heat distribution for each burner
- Locking lid at both side and foldable legs for portability.
- Temperature Control.
- Easy to clean
5. Pit Boss Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
- 430 stainless Steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless Steel grid construction
- Two 10, 000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing
- Portable design features folding legs and latching Hood for easy carry
The Pit Boss Portable Grill with two stainless steel burners is perfect for grilling and searing with the perfect amount of heat. The folding legs and latching hood make it easy to carry, while the push-and-turn ignition and dome thermometer provide the convenience you need.
For maximum cooking performance, the Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill is what you need. The 430 stainless steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless steel grid construction are durable and dependable, while the two 10,000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing. It’s also portable with its folding legs and latching hood. And it features a push-and-turn ignition and dome thermometer for easy monitoring.
- Assembled dimensions: 23″ W x 16″ T x 19.5″ D
- Assembled weight: 23 lb
- Folding legs and latching hood
- 36″ LP hose attachment
- 276 sq in cooking surface
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Two Burner Design
6. NOMADIQ Portable Propane Gas Grill
- 💥Check out our bundles below for additional savings💰
- ✅ TRULY COMPACT AND PORTABLE GAS GRILL TO TAKE ON-THE-GO - Weighing ONLY 12 pounds, the nomadiQ grills are easy to transport and can go anywhere: camp, tailgate, RV, boat, parks, hikes, boating, decks & patios, travel, apartments & tiny homes, beach, roadtrip and more. Can be used as a table top grill inside & outside. INCLUDES 2 Drip Trays, Gas Hose/Regulator, Carrying Strap (for easy transport) & Manual
- ✅ Ultra portable - With a folded size of only 16 inches (40cm) wide, 14 inches (36cm) high and 6 inches (15cm) thick, the nomadiQ Grill is ultra portable for adventurers who want to grill where they’ve never grilled before.
NOMADIQ has created the world’s most compact and portable propane gas grill. With a weight of only 12 pounds, this grill is perfect for when you’re on the go. It measures only 9 inches by 8 inches by 2.5 inches and includes everything you need – from its own propane tank hoses to a handy carrying strap for ultimate convenience. In addition, it features a large cooking surface (226 square inches) with non-stick ceramic coated grates.
NOMADIQ is a portable propane gas grill that will revolutionize the way you cook! Weighing only 12 pounds, this grill is so light and compact that it fits in just about anywhere. Whether you’re camping, tailgating, RVing, boating or cooking at home, NOMADIQ has you covered. With its large cooking surface, you can bake your favorite foods to perfection. The BBQ grates are made with a ceramic coating for easy cleanup and non-stick cooking.
- SLEEK AND PORTABLE DESIGN
- QUICK AND DEPENDABLE START-UPS
- 226 SQ IN. OF COOKING SPACE
- NON-STICK COOKING GRATES
- STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS
- 9,200 BTU
- DRIP TRAYS
- EASY TO CARRY
7. Giantex Propane TableTop Gas Grill Two-Burner Stainless Steel
- 【Giantex Tabletop Grill】: Giantex 2-Burner stainless steel tabletop grill is built for the BBQ-grillers, Construct of 430 stainless steel offers durability and easy-to-clean surfaces.
- 【Easy To Operate】: Two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-ups. It offers 20,000 total BTUs and reaches high temperatures quickly with each burner independently adjustable.
- 【Foldable Design】: Foldable legs and lockable lid for portable transport and storage. Also make it more easily transportion or storage.It is perfect for dinner party and camping.
Giantex Propane Tabletop Grill is the best for RV. This grill provides 20,000 BTUs and can reach high temperatures quickly. It’s easy to operate with push-and-turn ignition and folds down for easy transport and storage. A must-have!
The Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill Stainless Steel Two-Burner BBQ, with Foldable Leg, 20000 BTU is perfect for outdoor cooking. Constructed of 430 stainless steel this table-top grill is built to last and is easy to clean. The two push-and-turn ignition burners provide quick, easy start-up, and the grill offers 20,000 total BTUs with each burner independently adjustable. For transport and storage, foldable legs and a lockable lid has been designed.
- Color: silver (As the picture shows)
- Material: stainless steel
- Product dimensions: 22″ x 18″ x 15″ (L x W x H)
- Cooking area: 20.5″ x 13″
- BTU’s Per Burner:10,000
- Length of propane hose: 40″
- Net weight: 26 lbs
- Experience Safe and Happy Barbecue
- Easy to Set-up and Use
- Large Grilling Capacity Enough for Many People
- Lightweight to Carry Anywhere
8. GoBQ Portable Charcoal Grill Perfect for Camping
- ULTRA-PORTABLE & COMPACT: Folds down to 17% of its volume to easily fit in a backpack, drawer, or an overhead compartment. The case unfolds and becomes the lid!
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighs only 9 lbs.
- COOLS FAST: The flame/heat-proof fabric base and lid cools down 7X faster than metal.
GoBQ has made cooking outdoors ridiculously easy with its portable grill. The 17% of its volume that it folds down to when collapsed makes it super easy to take anywhere you go! And because of the flame-resistant silicone-coated fiberglass, it’s a worry-free way to enjoy your favorite foods without any worries about the fire. The base and lid cool 7x faster than metal mean you can have a nice cool meal in no time. It also features an adjustable carrying strap, and lightweight fabric design.
Whether you’re an avid camper, a frequent traveler, or just like to tailgate from time to time, the GoBQ is the best portable gas grill for RV. This ultra-portable and compact charcoal grill folds down to less than 17% of its volume and fits in a backpack or purse with ease. When it’s time to cook, just unfold the case and voila: Your lid becomes the grill! The frame is made of flame-resistant silicone-coated fiberglass that weighs only 9 pounds.
- Fits in a Backpack
- Open the Lid
- Unfold the Base
- Place the Grate
- Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Fishing and Hunting.
- Great for Tailgating
- Bring it to the Beach
- Take it on Trips
- Fits in a TSA Security Bin
- Easily stows in the overhead compartment
9. Flame King – YSNHT500 RV Or Trailer Mounted BBQ
- RV/TRAILER COMPATIBLE: This BBQ and Grill station comes with a bracket to mount right onto the side of your motorhome, RV or trailer so you can have a cookout wherever you are
- COMPLETE GRILLING STATION: This incredibly convenient motorhome compatible gas grill w/ 12,000 BTU includes an adjustable flame controller, upper grill deck, and 214 square inches of grilling surface
- MOUNTABLE/FREE STANDING: The hanging rack can also be used as legs to make the grill free-standing, making this versatile grilling station perfect for tailgating and camping
Flame King’s RV/Trailer Mounted BBQ, motorhome gas grill has a cooking surface of 214 square inches and includes a bracket that you can mount to the side of your RV or trailer. With an adjustable flame controller and upper grill deck, The best portable bbq for motorhome.
Flame King’s RV and Trailer mounted BBQ with 12,000 BTU is perfect for tailgating, camping, and RV cooking. This handy grilling station includes a bracket to mount it securely onto your RV, trailer or motorhome, an adjustable flame controller, an upper grill deck and 214 square inches of grilling surface. Plus, thanks to its hanging rack that can also be used as legs to make the grill stand-alone, this versatile grilling station is perfect for either setting.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install
- Heat distribution
- Motorhome compatible BBQ
- Includes adjustable flame controller
- Upper grill deck
- 214 square inches of grilling surface
Buying Guide: What is to Consider Before Buying Best Portable Gas Grill For RV
Portable Grill Accessories
A portable grill is relatively simple to design, but if you want the best RV grill, then you might want to add some extra accessories. A mounting kit can help your attach your grill onto a rail or mount for easy cooking over it. A cover will protect your grilling apparatus from rust and other damage when left in exterior conditions for any length of time.
Finally, don’t forget about all of the necessary cooking utensils! If not already present in the RV kitchenware supplies, make sure that a quality set on tongs and BBQ utensils are added before leaving home again – they just may be what makes outdoor grilling a breeze this next time around!
Cooking delicious food can be a challenge, but a charcoal grill with smoker options is perfect for you if you are looking to cook meat slowly over several hours. This option will give your deliciously flavored food by the end of the day.
A charcoal grill with a smoker option can slow-cook meat over several hours. These grills are perfect for those who want to prep their food in the morning and give it some extra flavour by the end of the day.
Wheels make bigger grills a little more portable – you can transport them around the campsite easier, without having to lift them completely each time.
When cooking a lot of food, you may want to have an extra small table that attaches to the grill. After all, having a plate ready for whatever is done will free up space for the next batch.
Having a small side table with two legs that can be attached to the grill is useful when you want to cook a lot of food, which means that once your plate is ready.
Features To Look Out For
Grills have many different features that can make your cooking experience easier or more enjoyable. Some of these are tied to the fuel type of the grill, but others apply to all grills. These extra features are often just a nice bonus and aren’t essential, but if you’re someone who loves cooking on a grill then they might help you find exactly what you need.
Portable grills are smaller than traditional backyard models but still come in a variety of sizes. If you need to be able to move your grill from storage to the patio, a larger option may be best since it will have more cooking space. But if you plan on taking your grill on camping trips, then a smaller model might make sense instead.
Electric grills are a convenience item because they only require electricity to be plugged in. The issue is, you will have to have access to an electrical outlet at all times if you want to use one of these bad boys. For most people who live in homes where the kitchen has an electric outlet nearby, this isn’t a problem and these grills can work great! But for RV living or those who grill outside often (especially during summer months) they may not be as convenient since many places won’t allow open flames!
Table or tall
Some portable grills are meant to be used at a table. They can also be set on the ground if you’re comfortable, but this may not work as well for long periods of time. Grills with tall legs let you work from a piece that is more comfortable than working from countertop level and it lets you stand up without squatting or kneeling which would otherwise make your back tired quickly. The downside? They add weight and bulk so they aren’t as convenient to carry around in comparison to those with shorter legs.
How many BTUs do I need for a RV grill?
A gas grill is an excellent choice for cooking your favorite grilled foods. But before you buy a gas grill, it’s important to know what size of the grill will work best for your needs.
Do you need one that can fit a family of four? Or are you looking for something more compact for just a couple people? There are many different types of gas grills available, so the first thing to do is determine what type of grill will best suit your needs and cooking style. Next, decide how much cooking space you need. This will help you decide how many BTUs (British thermal units) you need to heat the grill properly. The number of BTUs needed varies based on the size of the grill and if there is a hood above it or not.
How do I hook up a propane grill to my RV?
If you’re setting up camp for a family reunion or just want to spend the night outside, there’s nothing like cooking dinner with a grill. But what do you cook on it? And how do you cook?
A propane grill is an excellent option for the RV because it can be easily set up and taken down and doesn’t require any electricity. A grill with a side burner can also be used as a small oven if needed. To use your propane grill in your RV, follow these steps:
- Bring along some small bricks, rocks, or other weight to hold down the legs of the grill.
- Locate a good place next to your RV where gas can be quickly piped in from the tanks mounted on top of the RV.
- Attach one end of the hose to the propane tank and then attach the other end of the hose to the gas valve on the grill.
- Turn on both valves by twisting them
How Do I Clean My Portable Grill After Each Use?
It can be a hassle cleaning your portable grill after each use. After four hours of grilling and running the propane tank dry, it’s time to get it ready for the next cook. But first, you’ll need to wipe it down. There are a few ways to go about this. The first option is to use a traditional cleaning solution. But this will only work on a stationary grill. You’ll need to use a portable grill for the solution to be effective. It’s also risky as you’ll pick the spots that are causing the most problems.
The second way is to hire a service. This is the most expensive way to go, but it’s also the most reliable. This also requires you to be present for the cleaning service to come and go as they see fit. The third and final option is to trust your own cleaning abilities. This is the least expensive option, but you’ll have to do it yourself with the limited tools available.
Are portable gas grills good?
Portable gas grills are a great alternative to traditional BBQ grills. They often come with many of the same features and benefits as their bigger, more stationary cousins and are usually available at a lower price point. They can also be used for other purposes like tailgating and camping without taking up too much space. With that said, what’s the catch? Is there any disadvantage to using portable gas grills being compared to traditional ones? Let’s find out!
In conclusion, if you’ve done any extended RV camping, you know that the conditions every evening aren’t always favorable for cooking over a campfire. If they aren’t, this can put a serious damper on your dinner plans. But that will never be the case if you have an open grill at your disposal- and it is worth investing in one! Whether as a backup to cooking over campfires or because it’s safer (it is), having an open grill with all of these accessories available on hand sure does help create more opportunities for grilling delicious food while traveling! We hope this article has taught you something new about these gadgets and we look forward to hearing what YOUR experience with them was like when choosing which best portable gas grill for RV living suits you best.